Thank you for your payment! Here are the instructions for using the course.
Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You will also receive another email that will include your username and password shortly. In the meantime, please use the following instructions for using the course. You may consider bookmarking this page for reviewing these instructions later as well.
As you may have noticed on the website, you can use the course content on one computer and one mobile device (smartphone or iPad/tablet).
To use the course content on your computer:
Please login to your Gmail account and click here (for videos), here (for documents) and here (for recordings of live sessions for the upcoming exam) and then click on the Request Access button. Once we give you access to the files, you will receive an email and will be able to download the course videos and documents by using the following process. Please follow all of the following steps for using the course.
- Download the compressed (zip) file containing the videos of the course here to your computer (not to your Google drive). You need at least 6 GB of storage on your computer for downloading the course videos. If you are short of storage, you may consider freeing up some space on your computer by uploading your content to Google drive as it provides 15 GB of storage free of charge. Connecting your computer to your router with an ethernet cable will speed up the process of downloading the videos (not essential though). After downloading the file, open (unzip) it and click on extract all (or extract to) to extract the files to a folder on your computer.
Those who use Mac computers may need additional software to open (unzip) the zip file of the videos and documents after downloading them to their computers. If you use a Mac computer and face an issue with unzipping the files, you may download and use a powerful software called “Decompressor” from the Mac App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/decompressor/id1033480833?mt=12
- Download the compressed (zip) file containing the documents of the course here to your computer. After downloading the file, open (unzip) it and click on extract all (or extract to) to extract the files to a folder on your computer.
- Please open the folder containing the recordings of the live sessions here to your computer and click on each file to download it separately each week (if you have joined us early, this folder might be empty or include a few recordings). Alternatively, you can download multiple files every few weeks by selecting one file, clicking on the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then selecting other files. Next, you will need to do a right click to download a few recordings at once in a Zip file which will be created automatically. If you want to download all the files in this folder at once, you can click on “Live recordings May 23” at the top and then click on download. This will create a Zip file that will be downloaded to your computer. If you download multiple recordings as Zip files, you will need to extract them to a folder on your computer. In any case, save all the recordings of live sessions in one folder (which may be named Live Recordings May 23) to make them organized and easy to use. Since you will need to download the recordings on an ongoing basis, please bookmark the above link.
- Please also install one of the special video players based on your device from one of the links below. As mentioned on the website, you will need them for using the videos and documents of the course. The video player (special software) opens both videos and documents and is called SafeDRM (or SafeDRM Player or SafePlayer).
Video player for Mac computers (If you use a Mac computer with an OS before Mojave, you may face issues in installing/opening the video player.)
After downloading the relevant video player, please install it on your computer. You may get a warning message that the video player might be suspicious. Please disregard this message as we have checked and used the software and haven’t had issues. If the message is from Windows Defender, click on learn more followed by run anyways.
5. Once the SafePlayer is installed, open it (you may see a shortcut on your desktop) and put the following login information into the software while connected to the internet. We will email your Username and Password to you shortly. a. Username: b. Password: c. Vendor ID: 53
This will open the SafePlayer (also called RisePrecision Player) where you will see three items on the right side: “Course videos”, “Course documents” and “Live recordings May 23”.
- Next, do a right click on “Course videos”, then click on “Add Folder” (in Windows, or something similar or Add File in Mac) and choose the folder where you have extracted the videos of the course. This will add all videos of the course to the Player.
- Then, do a right click on “Course documents”, and click on “Add Folder” (in Windows, or something similar or Add File in Mac) and choose the folder where you have extracted the documents of the course. This will add all documents of the course to the Player.
- Now, do a right click on “Live recordings May 23” and click on “Add Files” if you want to add the recording of each week one by one. If you want to add the recordings of a few weeks at once, do a right click on “Add Folder”. In any case, you will need to choose the file/folder that you have saved or extracted the recordings of live sessions to. This will add the recordings to the Player.
Now, you can disconnect from the internet and use the course videos and documents. If you want to log out of the SafePlayer, click on the icon on the top right next to the Activation Code and click on log out. In that case, you will need to log in to the SafePlayer while connected to the internet to use the course again later.
If you face any issues in extracting the zip files or opening the files by the SafePlayer, please restart your computer 1-2 times before seeking our help as this may resolve your issue.
You may start the course by reviewing lesson 1-3 (a document) which is a diagram that serves as a guide/roadmap for using the course and preparing for the exam. It is included in the documents of the course and you will need to use it throughout the course. Reviewing lesson 1-1 (course curriculum) is also helpful at the beginning.
To use the course content on your mobile device:
- Please install the SafeDRM App from the relevant store:
- After installing the SafeDRM on your mobile device, click on it and enter your username, password and vendor ID while connected to the internet. This will open the App where no file is under the File List. Next, click on the blue download icon in the lower right of your screen and click on “Import files via WiFi”. Then you will be given a web address which typically ends in :8080
- Now, you need to go back to the computer that you have downloaded the videos and documents of the course to. On your computer, type the exact web address that is shown on your mobile device. Your computer and mobile device need to use the same internet service during this process. After going to that web address, select the videos and/or documents of the course from your computer. This will upload the videos and/or documents of the course to your mobile device. You may upload all the videos and documents of the course to that web address (your mobile device) at once if you have at least 6 GB of storage on your mobile device. If not, you may only upload the files that you want to use on your mobile device in the near future. Later on, you can delete those files on your mobile device to free up space and add new videos or documents to your mobile device by visiting the same web address. To delete the files from your mobile device, go to your mobile device, click on “Edit” next to the “File List”, select the relevant files and click on Delete. You might be able to delete the files from that web address on your computer too.
- Next, go back to your mobile device and open the SafeDRM. Now, you will see the uploaded files under the File List and can use them on your mobile device offline. If you don’t, click on the blue icon in the lower right of your screen (under the File List) and then click on “search the whole drive”. Now, you should be able to see the files.
During your active subscription, once a new lesson/update is created, it will be shared with you.
Please note that for using the course, only one device can be logged on at a time. Also, if any software with the ability of taking a screenshot or recording screen is running on the background of your computer (e.g. snipping tool, One Note, etc.), the Player will not work. If Zoom or another online meeting software/app is running on the background of your computer, you will need to close it before using the course as well because they have a conflict with the SafeDRM too.
If there are any issues in this process or you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com
Access the notes of weekly sessions, links for joining and volunteering in weekly sessions and a few other points about our live weekly practice sessions
To access an important folder that includes notes and everything related to our weekly sessions, please click here . You may consider bookmarking this master link for ease of access in the future. One of the documents that you will see there is named “Links for joining and volunteering on Friday and Sunday sessions” which is self-explanatory. If you would like to volunteer to play the role of physician (on Fridays and Sundays) or patient (on Sundays), make sure to use the relevant links in that document to express your interest in advance of each session as it will help us be more efficient in our practice sessions. The notes of our Friday sessions and an important reminder about our sessions are also included in that folder.
Our weekly sessions are currently held on Fridays and Sundays at 6 PM Pacific (Vancouver)/9 PM Eastern (Toronto) time.
The Friday sessions (1.5 hour) mostly consist of interaction in at least one scenario (one of the attendees plays the role of physician and Dr. Vahid plays the role of patient and others observe/listen). It is followed by feedback, questions/answers and contributions. The previous sessions are reviewed at the beginning of each session as well (presenting patients/findings and discussing the key points).
The Sunday sessions (1 hour) consist of interaction in one new scenario and redoing one of the cases of prior Friday session. Redoing the cases of Fridays helps our students integrate and implement everything they learn in practice and in a more organized way until they master their clinical skills and time management.
You may introduce yourself (name/nickname, city and if looking for a study partner) at the beginning or at the end of each online session if you want.
For asking questions, you may raise your hand, type in the chat or just speak if it’s an appropriate time. To improve the sound quality, everyone is muted. You will be able to unmute yourself if you want to speak. You may rename yourself by using your first name or nickname before or after joining as well. The videos are usually turned off, but can be turned on if required.
For more information about our weekly sessions and accessing the notes of our Friday sessions, please click here and ask us for access.
We also run a 45-60 minute free practice/support session for the public from time to time and you are welcome to join these sessions and roleplay as well. In these sessions, IMGs play the role of physician and/or patient under the supervision of Dr. Vahid and receive feedback. The summary of each session is added to lesson 4-3 of our Essential Online NAC OSCE course (updated version of our Beginner’s course). If you haven’t already subscribed to that course, please subscribe to it for free now as it is required early in your preparation as well.
Dr. Vahid will send you the topic and link for each Friday weekly session by Thursday each week.
Our online mock exam
If you want to get notified once we open the registration for our online mock exam, please visit the mock exam page and fill out the form there.
All the best,
NAC OSCE & Clinical Skills Preparation Course Team